The baby was born Friday morning, May 5th, at 12:39 AM!  It was the most wonderful and amazing thing that I've ever seen in my whole life.  She weighed 9 pounds 2 ounces, so she was a big baby.  What a great experience it was!

I wrote the paragraph above the weekend after the baby was born, and as you can tell, I was still very excited. πŸ™‚  That week began the craziness of May, and it hasn't slowed down since.  I have a little bit of time this morning, so I'll start with the birth.  I got to the hospital about 4PM, and it was nothing like what I was expecting.  I walked into the labor and delivery room, and S&K were talking and smiling like it was a normal day.  K was on the bed and had all sorts of things hooked up to her belly, her arm, and her finger, and S was sitting on a stool beside her.  S was previously in the medical field, so he explained what all of the monitors were, and then we sat and talked for a few hours.  K was feeling so good that she didn't even mind having visitors, so B brought supper for S & me, and our good friends A&A came by to talk for a while.  A&A are also pregnant, and they're expecting their baby October 17th.  (A good month, don't you think?  Maybe the baby will come a day early.) πŸ™‚  While they were there, the nurse started K on a drip of medicine to increase the strenth of her contractions and make them more regular.  Once she started to be in more pain, A&A left.

Things got more intense for a while, and this was definitely more of what I was expecting when I arrived at the hospital.  K decided to have an epidural, and I was really amazed that after it took effect, she didn't seem to feel the contractions at all!  She even dozed off and on for a bit.  Around 11, she began to be in a lot of pain because of some complications, and everyone thought that she was going to have to have a cesarean.  She really didn't want to, and we all prayed about it a lot, and the baby was finally born naturally!  Everything was great once the baby came, and her first little cry was such a beautiful sound!  She wasn't the only one crying either. πŸ™‚

After she was born, one of the nurses commented that Someone had answered our prayers, and she was right!  The Lord really protected K and her baby and He even allowed her to have the baby naturally so that she wouldn't have to heal from surgery.

I stayed at the hospital until S&K didn't need me anymore, and I got home around 5:30 or 6AM.  I slept for a while, and when I woke up, I was in a fog.  I went to work, and I was very thankful that our office is closed part of the day on Fridays so that we can work on paperwork because my brain wasn't working correctly.  I went home earlier than usual to sleep some more.

That night, B & I went to the first session of a wonderful marriage conference, Weekend to Remember.  It was such a great time of teaching, and we learned a lot.  One thing I really appreciated about the conference was the way it encouraged and gave time for good communication between husband and wife.  We had really good "level 5" conversations where we talked about all sorts of deep thoughts.  The conference ended on Sunday afternoon.

That week was the first week in my online Bible class, and needless to say, I didn't get much done in the second half of that week with everything else going on.  I just got caught up to where I need to be last night.  I'm really enjoying learning more about the Old Testament than I knew before!  It's just a survey of the OT, but since I'm reading through it, reading a book about it, and watching lectures on DVDs, I'm getting more information about it than I've ever had all at once.  I'm enjoying learning of more pictures of Christ in the OT than I knew of before, and it's nice to understand more fully why we need to read the OT laws about food and sacrifices when they don't apply to us in the same way as they did to people back then.

Time since the marriage conference has been spent working, cooking & cleaning, doing homework, and sleeping.  B & I both had a stomach bug for a few days this week, but I think it's finally over today.  Now I'm looking forward to tomorrow, when we get to have a fun visitor.  One of my best friends from college, K, and her husband and brother are coming to stay at our house tomorrow night! πŸ™‚  She and her husband are moving to CA, and since they're driving through Dallas, we decided it would be fun to visit.  I haven't seen her since her wedding in October, so I'm really looking forward to it!

Ok, I think that's most of what I said the first time I wrote this post.  Of course it's never as good the second time around, but it does the job. πŸ™‚

P.S.  L&H, the most rent pictures on Flickr are SO cute!  They're growing up WAY too quickly. πŸ™‚  H, I'm praying about everything with the house!

Published in: on May 19, 2006 at 12:17 pm  Comments (2)  

The URI to TrackBack this entry is:

RSS feed for comments on this post.

2 CommentsLeave a comment

  1. […] Well, I’m up MUCH earlier than usual because my good friend A is about to have her baby boy!Β  They started her on pytosin this morning at 5, and so I’m on the way to the hospital to help out.Β  K, the friend who had the baby when I got to be there for the birth, is helping A in the room today, and so I get to take care of dear baby E in the waiting room! πŸ™‚Β  Time to go now…I’ll write again when I have news […]

  2. […] at their house three days a week.Β  These are the same friends who invited me to help when the mom gave birth to their fourth little one about a year and a half ago.Β  It is such a blessing to me to be able to […]

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: